Welcome to Xerazx-OTS 2018 Patch, the one with a cavalcade of changes to tune things up. We've still got one more patch after this to make more adjustments in terms of balance and hunting, but the conversation will be basically the same as it will be for two more weeks from now.
Speaking of that balance, as you can guess, the majority of these changes are directed at high rebirth spectrum. Given how our players are adapting to the new PvP system, we’re committed to tossing love to a vocation that has been out of domain for awhile (Paladin) and taking down some powerhouses from other vocations (Knight, Druid).
Moving from theory to application, vocation diversity in the pro scene’s a bit more homogenous than we’d like to see, so we’re looking to crack things open. This entails setting our sights on some of the omnipresent spells (Exura Immune, Mage Surge, Exori Hur Gran Mas) and bringing up a few spells we think are on the cusp of game viability.
Let's start with the spell that everyone has been talking about (Mage Surge). Mage Surge has been dominating the the world for awhile now, when we introduced Mage Surge we wanted to provide the Sorcerer with a unique spell to increase it's burst damage while putting him in a vulnerable state, the spell half successed in this field but it also gave a huge advantage to Sorcerers in terms of rebirthing up. So, we are pushing it even farther in terms of burst and backing off of hunting.
- Mage Surge animation frames have been reduced to 2s instead of 3s (total damage is the same).
- Mage Surge now will no longer hit monsters and will target only players within 4 range.
- Mage Surge will no longer hit targets behind a wall.
- Mega Mas Flam animation has been re-worked and damage has been buffed by 800%.
- Mega Mas Flam formula has been reworked to take magic level into consideration and to properly scale with your rebirth.
As we promised to revive the paladin once again, we believe that the following changes will definitily buff the paladin in his needed area.
- Flurry of Blades has been buffed by 700%.
- Ultimate Manarune healing has been increased from 2% to 12%.
- Merger Rune damage has been decreased from 25% to 20%.
When we buffed the Knight, we wanted it to be a member of the Fighter class: a durable, damage-focused melee vocation that wants to hunt down prey and finish it off himself and it successed in his role, however, with the current healing the play style settled into Vanguard (offensive tank) with no cons. When a vocation can cover his weaknesses without making tradeoffs, it’s not a fair experience for anyone, we are balancing this off by reducing the Donate UH by a considerable amount while pushing his characterstic melee damage.
- Donate UH has been decreased from 70% to 45%.
- Reduced Ultimate Sword damage by 30%.
- [New Spell] Utito Tempo increases skill by 30 and disable heals for 5 seconds (need to be learned at Moronia for 100 MDC).
When we released the Hulk spell we wanted to provide Druids with a unique spell that can be used for sustainability and damage when necessary, however, it's effectivness when standing toe-to-toe with opponents means he is able to recover the cost plus the damagen taken at all situations. In the interest of keeping the Druids survival window short, we are increasing the hulk cost to enforce the notion that a smart spellcasting is how a Druid will get the upper-hand.
- Exura Immune mana cost has been increased from 30% to 50%.
- Nova Sio healing amount has been changed to heal 50% of the caster maximum mana.
- Slow rune has been buffed, pushing a slowed target now will impair his healing.
Freeze! Freeze rune, we could write a big article here but we will try to summarize it. Freeze rune is doing great at the things it's designed to do but looking at it from different prespective, it's taking away all the survival options for an opponent unless he has someone to unfreeze him. We don't want to completely neglect the player's re-action to freeze when an unfreezer is not present. So, we are limiting the freeze capabilities and removing the unfreeze option.
- [No more double freeze] Freezed target cannot be freezed again for 10 seconds.
- Unfreeze has been removed.
Death penalty. Since we've increased the death penalty and with the introduction of mega bless, things have been going pretty good in terms of `death cost`, but, the required effort to make mega bless is subversive to the system and thus why we are introducing the new !megabless command which will provide you with an instant mega bless upon using it.
- !megabless command has been added for an instant mega bless.
- Mega bless cost has been reduced from 25MDC to 5MDC.
While MDC is considered the main currency in Xerazx-OTS and is used in various things from travelling, bless, rebirth, to buying supplies it's current drop rate is not sufficient enough to cope with all these material, players always had to give up on one thing to compensate for another and for this reason we are increasing the drop rate of donation coins.
- Troll Champion donation coins drop rate has been increased.
- Dark Sorcerer donation coins drop rate has been increased.
- Ice Queen donation coins drop rate has been increased.
- Lost Dragon donation coins drop rate has been increased.
- Lost Dragon Lord donation coins drop rate has been increased.
Back in the old days, Rich weapons were the best weapons in Xerazx-OTS, however, as time passes by and people rebirth up their effect was diminishing untill it vanished away. We're bringing them back again by giving them a huge boost by increasing their base damages and allowing them to scale with your rebirths.
- Rich Wand base damage increased from 60 Millions to 1 Billion, will also scale with your rebirths.
- Rich Spear base damage increased from 80 Millions to 1 Billion, will also scale with your rebirths and distance.
Admin SD have been a point of debate for awhile now, it has been exponentially scaling with magic level which granted mages huge opportunity of dealing massive amount of damage at the cost of being idle training magic level; And for this reason we had to increase the required rebirth to use Admin SD to 1000 rebirth. But, that as it was scaling exponentially with magic level it allowed anyone with high magiclevel to do as much damage as a top server with no respect to rebirth difference. We are changing this by making Admin SD takes into consideration your rebirth more than your magic level.
- Admin SD formulas has been changed to take rebirth into consideration more than magic level.
- Admin SD damage has been reduced by 15%.
Mana Per Soul healing was originally tailored for a world where Manarunes didn’t have much healing and healing a friend was not an option. We’re no longer in that world - Ultimate Manarune has worked it's way up and we are decreasing the healing of Mana Per Soul.
- A new quest has been added for 1200 rebirth to increase your Ultimate Manarune to 10% instead of 4-6%.
- Ultimate Manarune now can be casted on other players healing them for 50% of the amount.
- Mana Per Soul healing has been reduced to 2% instead of 25% (deprecated spell for now).
In Xerazx-OTS and by the nature of our server, the damage is too high and protection is a necessary, a full rich set is a must to be able to compete with others, however, not everyone is capable of purchasing a full rich set and missing even one single item would make a huge difference no matter how high you get. Some people manage to get those items by trading MDC, Crystal Tokens, Winning Events and other ways and some don't. Those who don't manage to get the items have no chance in competing. So, we are taking this off by introducing the new Xerazian Set and Xerazian Weapons. Those items have the same stats as the Rich Items but with less durability, which means it will require more frequent repairs than the tradional Rich set.
- A new quest has been added for 1200 rebirth. The reward is Xerazian Set and Xerazian Weapons.
Moronia has always been the most loved city by the Xerazians, it has all the memories and considered the history factory of the big plays, but as we grow and progress other cities have been taking over. So Moronia is making a triumphant return to Xerazx-OTS lands with a new rework.
- [New] A big spawn of Lost Dragons has been added.
- [New] A big spawn of Deep Wyvern has been added.
- [New] A big spawn of Frost Zuri has been added.
How are you feeling today? I'm feeling Wells! Usually we advice our startup Xerazians' to head to Wells at 200 rebirth to show them that there are other cities and more areas to explore other than the teleports at temple. But we found that the average Xerazian had to move from Wells to Darkness too quickly and never have to to visit it back again, yet, Darkness at it's own is not the best place to hunt there because it has only one small size spawn that is full of walls and doors that interrupt the hunting and make it less enjoyable. So we are removing Darkness from the game and expanding Wells.
- [New] Chakoya Tribewarden monster has been added into Wells, gives 34000 experience and drops a good amount of donation coins.
- [New] Evil Skeleton monster has been added into Wells, gives 40000 experience and drops a good amount of donation coins.
- [New] 4 floors spawn contains Chakoya Tribewarden and Evil Skeleton monsters has been added at the north of Wells.
As we've been online for years now with no resets, the rebirth gap has been climbing up and thus reducing the oppunity for new players to catch up. We are taking this down abit by increasing the exp rate for low rebirths to give them a chance to catch up with the content and other players, we're not going to give rates here as the old rates were never published. We've also improved the hunting mechanism by introducing a new command to enable auto attack (!autoattack
We've also reworked many of the quests and monsters' to match with the changes. Here you are a list with the quests changes:
- Golden Helmet quest has been removed.
- Epic Manarune and Mega UH quests have been merged into one quest.
- Epic Manarune has been increased from 30 Million to 800 Million.
- Removed Blind Anger quest, the spell will be available for free.
- Freeze Rune quest required rebirth has been increased from 10 to 500.
- 25 Rebirth Weapons have been removed.
- Cursed Vial quest required rebirth has been increased from 50 to 300.
- Admin Helmet,Armor,Legs,Boots,Shield have been merged into a one quest. Required rebirth is 400.
- Vip Helmet,Armor,Legs,Boots,Shield have been merged into a one quest. Required rebirth is 800.
- Admin Manarune quest required rebirth has been increased from 100 to 1000.
- Ultimate SD and Ultimate UH quest required rebirth has been increased to 750 instead of 110.
- Admin Ring quest required rebirth has been increased from 110 to 800.
- Coconut Shoes quest required rebirth has been increased from 80 to 1000.
- A new quest has been added for 1200 rebirth to increase your Ultimate Manarune to 10% instead of 4-6%.
- A new quest has been added for 1220 rebirth with Xerazian Set & Weapons as a reward.
- A new quest has been added for 1500 rebirth at Moronia.
The following quests have been removed from the game, they might come back in the future.
- Admin Manarune upgrader quest has been removed.
- Cobra outfit quest has been removed.
- Mounter outfit quest has been removed.
- Magical outfit quest has been removed.
We will be implementing daily bosses with unique rewards! We are kicking it off by 2 bosses, Cenar Skystrike and Etlin Tinkerlight.
- [New] Cenar Skystrike Boss can be found at Moronia's Lost Dragon spawn every Friday at 14:00 CEST.
- [New] Etlin Tinkerlight Boss can be found at Moronia's Deep Wyvern spawn every Mondy at 16:00 CEST.
- Bosses reward is randomized, you may loot any of the following items:
- [New] Premium parchment that adds 5 days of premium to your account.
- Exp Injection to boost your gained expereince by a certain value based on your rebirth for 24 hours.
- Santa Exp Apple to boost your gained expereince by a signifcant value based on your rebirth for 1 hour.
- [New] Purse Bag that will be automatically used to store all your MDC loot in it.
- Crystal Tokens, can be used to travel to Crystal Base or purchase valuable items.
- [New] Skill Lose Preventer, can be used to prevent your skill lose (Expires upon death).
- [New] Magic Lose Preventer, can be used to prevent your magic level lose (Expires upon death).
As we've changed the exp rate for low rebirths and updated Wells and Moronia we think it's necessary to update the Task Manager NPC as well. Here you are the changes that have been made:
- Minimum required rebirth to start tasks has been changed from 25 to 1.
- Tasks for rebirth range 25-49:
- First task changed from 4000 Weepers to 500 Troll Champions. Reward is 5 rebirths, no longer gives 300 donation coins.
- Second task changed from 3000 Plagued Overlord to 1000 Troll Champions. Reward increased from from 3 rebirths to 10 rebirths, no longer gives 300 donation coins.
- Third task changed from 3000 Plagued Mino to 1500 Troll Champions. Reward increased from 5 rebirths to 15 rebirths, no longer gives 350 donation coins.
- Tasks for rebirth range 50-99:
- First task changed from 4000 Weepers to 3000 Troll Champions, reward still the same (3 rebirths).
- Second task changed from 4000 Plagued Overlord to 5000 Troll Champions, reward has changed from 4 rebirths to 10 rebirths.
- Third task has been removed.
- Tasks for rebirth range 100-199:
- First task changed from 3000 Terror Birds to 3000 Plagued Fire Overlord. Reward changed from 10 extreme runes to 10 rebirths.
- Second task changed from 3500 Crystal Spider to 4000 Plagued Fire Overlord, Reward changed from 10 extreme runes to 5 rebirths and 20 MDC.
- Third task has been removed.
- Tasks for rebirth range 200-399 instead:
- First task changed from 100 Ice Queen to 1000 Ice Queen. Reward changed from 15 extreme runes to 10 rebirths and 10 MDC.
- Second task changed from 150 CrystalCrusher to 2000 Ice Queen, Reward changed from 15 extreme runes to 25 rebirths and 25 MDC.
- Second task changed from 200 Mega Vampire to 150 Snow Man, Reward changed from 10 extreme runes to 15 rebirths and 15 MDC.
- Tasks for rebirth range 350-399,400-499,500-749 changed to 400-749:
- First task 1000 Ice Queen. Reward is 10 rebirths and 10 MDC.
- First task 300 Chakoya Tribewarden. Reward is 25 rebirths and 20 MDC.
- First task 300 Evil Skeletons. Reward is 25 rebirths and 20 MDC.
- Annihilon monster health and damage has been increased.
- Plagued Barbarian Bloodwalker monster health and damage has been increased.
- Troll Champion exp has been increased by 30%.
- Lost Dragon exp has been increased by 500%.
- Deep Wyvern exp has been decreased by 300%.
- Training Monk hp has been increased by 1000%.
- Blind Anger spell is for all vocations now, damage also has been increased.
- Demoniac Star spell required rebirth to cast has been increased from 25 to 100, damage also has been siginfatilly increased.
- Mega spells quest required rebirth has been increased from 100 to 200.
- Removed Crystal Base slow tiles in the entrance.
- Epic promotion starts at 400 rebirth for 25MDC (talk to The Forgotten King in temple to get promoted).
- Added more Wigglers in Fungus and increased spawn rate.
- Added more Party Skeletons and Drilworms in Eternize and increased spawn rate.
- Added PZ Area in Super Lizard Chosen VIP Resp (No more escaping fights through teleport).
- Admin Wand damage has been increased from 7 Million to 70 Million.
- VIP Staff damage has been increased from 25 Million to 250 Million.
- New NPC (Ormuhn) has been added in Moronia to teach you the following spells: Mage Surge, Utito Tempo, Utito Tempo San, Nova Sio.
- We are going to merge repair tokens with MDC. You will be able to repair your items with MDC now instead of repair tokens.
- New command (!change repairtokens) has been added to change repair tokens to MDC (50 repair tokens = 1 MDC).
- Auto rebirth limit has been changed from 800 to 1500.
- You can now auto loot Crystal Tokens using the autoloot command (!autoloot crystal tokens).
- Maximum rebirth lose has been set to 3 per 24 hours.
- Fixed a bug that caused immune to fail immunity if a freeze was casted on the target at the same time with immune.
- Fixed a bug that caused player's movement to go to 0 when slow runes were stacked on one target.
- Fixed tiles in Guzzlemaw VIP spawn that caused players not to be able to heal while standing on them.
- Fixed all the reported bugged holes in Laravel Quest.
- Fixed the enterance of Party Skeleton's resp in Eternize.
With this update we have reworked our custom client to allow us to go even farther in terms of customization and performance. We strongly advice you to download our new custom client from here, the old one should not be used unless you are unable to login with the new one (until your issue is resolved). Please keep in mind that you will not be able to login with the old custom client in the very near future.
Last but not least, we'd like to thank Marko Senju once again for his continous effort and the awesome Moronia's rework. Many thanks. I also wana say thank you to everyone who jumped in and gave us feedback on the last update. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you think, without your feedback we couldn't have done all of this. Once again, thank you.